If you’re excited to try out V’s new abilities in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, you’ll be pleased to know that Update 2.0 has completely overhauled several mechanics, including character building. Our comprehensive guide covers the top perks and skills for each attribute in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, as well as how to acquire additional points for allocation.
What are the most effective perks in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty?
Prior to discussing the best perks in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, it’s important to understand three key elements: attribute points, perk points, and relic points. Players familiar with the game prior to Update 2.0 will recognize the revamped skill tree, but certain core mechanics remain the same.
- Attribute points – These points are earned with each level gained and can be used to increase the five core stats: Body, Reflexes, Technical Ability, Intelligence, and Cool.
- Perk points – Perk points are allocated to unlock new active and passive skills within each attribute tree. Points are obtained through leveling up, and additional points are earned at rank 15 and 35 in your skill progression bracket (Headhunter, Netrunner, Shinobi, Solo, and Engineer). The specific actions you take in the game determine the increase in these points. For example, using smart weapons or tech weapons increases Engineer rank, while utilizing quickhacks or completing terminal hacking minigames increases Netrunner rank.
- Relic points – Relic points are a new resource exclusive to players of the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion.
The Skill Progression page displays your progress in each individual skill.
How do attributes and perks function?
All attributes start with a base level of three points, allowing allocation of perk points to low-tier skills. Additional points must be invested to unlock higher tiers. The maximum level is 20, granting access to top-tier or legendary perks. Attribute points can be reset once.
When selecting perks, it’s important to consider the limited number of points available (with more gained through leveling up). Your choice should align with your preferred playstyle and iconic weapons. Each attribute also includes at least one perk that enhances vehicular combat. The good news is that perk points can be freely refunded, allowing for experimentation and customization.
Utilize quickhacks to inflict debilitating effects.
Top Body perks
The best perks for the Body attribute in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty focus on close-range combat (blunt weapons and shotguns), heavy weapons (light machine guns and heavy machine guns), and the Adrenaline Rush ability. While we didn’t prioritize blunt weapons, we thoroughly enjoyed decimating enemies with the Ba Xing Chong shotgun.
- Rookie: Painkiller, Comeback Kid, Dorph-Head, Speed Junkie, and Army of One – All of these options are viable as they enhance mitigation and health regeneration.
- Rookie (Vehicle): Fury Road – This perk is arguably the best in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty for vehicular combat. It reduces damage taken by your vehicle and increases damage dealt to others while driving.
- Pro: Die Die Die and Like a Feather – These perks primarily offset stamina and movement penalties when using shotguns and machine guns.
- Phenom: Spontaneous Obliteration, Dread, Rush of Blood, Adrenaline Rush, Juggernaut, Calm Mind, and Bloodlust – Adrenaline Rush-related perks mitigate damage taken while in the midst of combat. Perks on the left side enhance shotguns and heavy machine guns.
- Legend: Pain to Gain – This perk accelerates the recharge rate of health items while Adrenaline Charge is active.
Body perks enhance offense and defense in close-quarters combat.
Top Reflexes perks
The Reflexes attribute is ideal for players who prefer close-quarters combat, similar to the Body attribute. However, Reflexes emphasizes mobility (Dash and Air Dash) and blade weapons like the Black Unicorn katana.
- Rookie: Slippery, Muscle Memory, and Multitasker – These perks make you harder to hit while dashing and dodging, allowing you to shoot and reload simultaneously. They are not limited to specific weapons, enabling you to sprint, slide, and quickly dispatch enemies with a shotgun blast or any other weapon of choice.
- Pro: Dash, Can’t Touch This, Mad Dash, Lead and Steel, Bullet Deflect, Bullet Time, Seeing Double, and Flash & Thunderclap – Pro-tier skills enhance movement speed through increased mitigation and distance covered while dashing. Additionally, you gain the ability to deflect bullets when wielding a sword.
- Phenom: Air Dash, Aerial Acrobat, Aerodynamic, Finisher: Bladerunner, Going the Distance, and Flash of Steel – If the previous options aren’t enough, these perks allow mid-air dashes and provide a finisher move for blade weapons.
- Legend: Tailwind and Slaughterhouse – Tailwind eliminates stamina concerns when double jumping or air dashing, while Slaughterhouse inflicts the bleeding status effect, making enemies more vulnerable to insta-kill finishers.
Reflexes perks enable swift and deadly movements.
Top Technical Ability perks
The best perks in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty extend beyond instant-use abilities. Some perks passively enhance item recharge rate and cyberware. This is where the Technical Ability skills shine. Notably, the 2.0 update introduces new implants, and your armor value depends on the equipped implants.
- Rookie: Glutton For War and Gearhead (Vehicle) – Glutton For War is primarily chosen for higher-tier perks, while Gearhead boosts the damage of vehicle-mounted turrets and rockets.
- Pro: Health Freak, Coming In Hot, Demolitions Surplus, All Things Cyber, Renaissance Punk, and Driver Update – Left-side perks increase item recharge rate and provide extra health injectors or grenades. Middle perks offer buffs and modifiers for cyberware implants.
- Phenom: License to Chrome, Cyborg, Ambidextrous, Built Different, Bolt, Lightning Storm, and Shock Value – License to Chrome-related perks unlock new cyberware slots and provide additional armor stats. Bolt-related perks exclusively affect tech weapons, enabling charged shots. For those conserving points, focusing on cyberware perks